Meet the Doctor
Michael Z. McBride, DDS, DABOI/ID
Michael Z. McBride, DDS, DABOI/ID, graduated from the University of Michigan in 1977, (#1 Dental School, Go Blue!) with a Doctorate in Dental Surgery (DDS). He loves what he does, keeps up to date with continuing education, and is passionate about restoring patients to full function, health and appearance. In fact, he has earned the trust of many patients.
In his 30++ years of experience, Dr McBride has successfully done many thousands of crowns, bridges, dentures, partials, extractions and implants.
Furthermore, he is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry.
The ABOI/ID Diplomate designation symbolizes the highest level of competence in implant dentistry. Board Certification by the ABOI/ID attests to the fact that a dentist has demonstrated knowledge, ability, and proficiency in implant dentistry through a rigorous examination process. Also, Dr McBride is one of only 3 Diplomates practicing in San Diego County. In addition, he is also licensed in sedation (sleep) dentistry.
In his spare time, Dr. McBride loves racing and rebuilding cars–which has enhanced his lifelong feeling of youth and vitality. You may even see him on the road driving his Subaru or supercharged Miata.
Finally, Michael and his wife, Myrna, sweethearts for over 48 years, have eight children and enjoy many activities together. They are very active in their community and religious organization. To celebrate his birthday, Michael hiked the Grand Canyon Rim 2 Rim in one day to support the Team Fisher House.
Dr. McBride is currently a member of:
- California Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- San Diego County Dental Society
- Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation
- Founding member of American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
Education & Training:
- Brigham Young University, Undergraduate Studies
- University of Michigan School of Dentistry–Doctor of Dental Surgery
- MAXI Course, Brookdale Hospital, New York University, awarded Diplomate: American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry (DABOI/ID)
Over 1,600 hours of continuing education and counting.